Shopping for a new home can be exciting and overwhelming all at the same time. Advanced preparation with the mortgage financing is sure to set you at ease.
Monument Mortgage offers a pre-qualification program for buyers who have not yet found a property. Shop with the comfort of knowing your financing has already been preapproved.
How Does It Work?
Determining your Mortgage Eligibility… as easy as 1 2 3!
Shopping for a new home can be exciting and overwhelming at the same time. Advanced preparation regarding your mortgage financing will provide peace of mind.
Monument Mortgage offers a Pre-Qualification program for buyers who have not yet found a property. Shop with the comfort of knowing that your financing has already been reviewed and certified.
How Does It Work?
- The buyer schedules a phone or in-person meeting with a Loan Officer. At this meeting, the buyer is provided with information about the entire mortgage process. This consultation includes qualifying requirements, loan product guidance, and discussion on interest rate quotes. The Loan Officer will provide a list of documentation that is needed to process the loan.
- The Pre-Qualification application requires information on residence information, income, assets, and liabilities. A credit report is obtained and reviewed for payment history and Fico scores. The loan is submitted to the automated underwriting system and reviewed to make sure it meets the lender’s product guidelines. Once acceptable, a Pre-Qualification or Certificate of Mortgage Eligibility is issued. This is subject to a purchase and sale agreement, an appraisal, supporting documentation and final investor review.
- When you find your specific property, call your Loan officer right away. At this time your application will be updated with specific Property information, the Purchase & Sales agreement will be executed, and the property appraisal will be ordered. The full loan package is submitted for review and, if satisfactory, an approval is issued and the loan is on its way to closing.
What are the Benefits?
- Pre-Qualification / Certificate of Mortgage Eligibility allows the buyer to shop with the knowledge that their credit package has already been certified as eligible for financing, subject to property.
- Pre-Qualification / Certificate of Mortgage Eligibility gives the buyer a competitive edge over other potential buyers who have not had their financial and credit history reviewed and certified.
- Because the buyer’s application has already been reviewed, a Pre-Qualification / Certificate of Mortgage Eligibility can allow for a quick closing once a property is determined.”